Wednesday, April 30, 2008
"I think I've been a pretty good friend," he said.
I think your opinion of yourself doesn't really matter when you're judging what a good friend you have or haven't been. Seems to me in this situation, that what matters is the opinion of those you think you've been a friend to. And if your friends are telling you that you haven't been a good friend, that trumps your opinion of yourself.
Posted by Mistress of the Mix at 12:17 PM
It all started out innocently enough.
- He told me he had lived in Austin, Texas.
- I told him that my dad was born there.
- I told him my grandparents lived in Kerrville, Texas for decades.
- He told me that his father and his father's father and his father's father's father lived in Kerrville.
- He told me there's a street there named after his family.
- I told him my father's father's father's father lived in Austin, and there was a street there named after my family.
- He told me his family were mainly Texas Rangers back in the 1800's.
- I told him my family consisted mainly of gunslingers hunted by Texas Rangers.
- He told me that wore a pistol in the waistband of his scrubs as he searched for survivors of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.
- I told him I have a pair of furry leopard spotted handcuffs.
Posted by Mistress of the Mix at 7:03 AM