Friday, May 2, 2008

Date vs Battlestar Gallactica


I have a date. This weekend.
He's not from these parts.
You know I have a little trouble finding spongeworthy men in these parts.
But trying to date a man who's not from these parts has its own complications.

Twice I've been told that they can't give me the time and attention that I deserve because a 3 hour drive is just too far to maintain a relationship. Or to start one. At least that's what they tell me.

The date this weekend says that doesn't bother him. And he's willing to try it, to see if we click. To see if there's chemistry.

But I'm skeptical. Not that we'd have chemistry. I'm simply skeptical that there isn't some landmine thats going to explode sometime between now and then to divert his 3 hour drive from occuring. It could be anything from that knee injury to a delayed flight to cold feet to the most likely scenario, meeting someone else between now & our date, which I call "Good Luck Chuck Syndrome," which I hear I have a bad case of. I'm a conduit to love - with other people. Kiss me, fall in love with someone else. Maybe I could make money doing this.

My parents told me to always have another option so that if my plans don't turn out, I've got a backup plan. So I've got the entire season 1 of the new Battlestar Gallactica on DVD ready to go, and some microwave popcorn on hand. Just in case. I'll let you know how it turns out. Battlestar Gallactica, I mean. I hear it's pretty good.

No comments: