Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sorry, we're closed.

I know this is going to be a let down for some of you who have derived great pleasure in what I like to refer to as my dating pratfalls over the past few months, but I've cancelled my subscription to Yahoo! Personals.
I suppose, speaking from a purely practical point of view, it was actually not a bad investment.
I think I spent somewhere in the range of $39.99 for the privilege of communicating with romance minded men within a 300 mile range.
I received, in return for my investment, 3 decent dates.
They consisted of:
  • A muffaletta sandwich, half a bag of chips and a diet Dr. Pepper from Granzella's.
  • A steak dinner and two glasses of Cabernet, followed by a movie and a giant diet coke.
  • Another steak dinner with a bottle of Louis Martini Cabernet, and one follow up glass of wine.

It cost me:
  • $40 in gas to meet one date
  • $5 in long distance charges
  • $3 in materials for a couple of cds I made for one musically interested date
  • 3 hours of driving time
  • Just a shred of my dignity

So all in all, I think it all pans out pretty evenly. I had some nice meals, good wine, interesting conversation, and my dog loved the steak scraps.

For the record, my favorite date was the muffaletta sandwich.

I'm not saying I'm done with dating forever. But a month of that was enough for me.

But you'll be happy to hear that before I signed off forever, I made one last sweep for land mines, and may have found one that's armed - literally.

No comments: