I suppose, speaking from a purely practical point of view, it was actually not a bad investment.
I think I spent somewhere in the range of $39.99 for the privilege of communicating with romance minded men within a 300 mile range.
I received, in return for my investment, 3 decent dates.
They consisted of:
- A muffaletta sandwich, half a bag of chips and a diet Dr. Pepper from Granzella's.
- A steak dinner and two glasses of Cabernet, followed by a movie and a giant diet coke.
- Another steak dinner with a bottle of Louis Martini Cabernet, and one follow up glass of wine.
It cost me:
- $40 in gas to meet one date
- $5 in long distance charges
- $3 in materials for a couple of cds I made for one musically interested date
- 3 hours of driving time
- Just a shred of my dignity
So all in all, I think it all pans out pretty evenly. I had some nice meals, good wine, interesting conversation, and my dog loved the steak scraps.
For the record, my favorite date was the muffaletta sandwich.
I'm not saying I'm done with dating forever. But a month of that was enough for me.
But you'll be happy to hear that before I signed off forever, I made one last sweep for land mines, and may have found one that's armed - literally.